In performing its tasks, the ESK, its committees and working groups are supported by a secretariat (Geschäftsstelle).
The Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Nuclear Safety and Consumer Protection (BMUV) establishes an ESK secretariat within the Federal Office for the Safety of Nuclear Waste Management (BASE) which shall not be subject to the BASE's instructions. Until establishment of this secretariat, the tasks shall be performed by the secretariat of the Reactor Safety Commission (RSK).
Together with the stipulations of the statutes, the interests of the ESK, its committees and working groups define the activities of the general secretariat whose major functions are as follows:
- Preparation of the meetings of the ESK, its committees and working groups as well as the preparation of technical discussions
- Preparation of the agendas and compilation of the relevant documents needed for the meetings
- Preparation of proposals for decision and of alternative proposals
- Evaluation of the meetings and preparation of the resolution minutes
- Documentation of the results of the consultations, especially the recommendations and statements adopted
- Compilation of information and data on issues to be discussed
- Preparation of meetings of the ESK with foreign partner organisations
- Administration of the ESK homepage
at the Federal Office for the Safety of Nuclear Waste Management (BASE)
P.O.Box 12 06 29
Phone: + 49 228/305-37 20
Fax: + 49 228/67 03 88
Office: Robert-Schuman-Platz 3, 53175 Bonn