Welcome to the homepage of the Nuclear Waste Management Commision!
As Chairman of the Nuclear Waste Management Commission (ESK), I am very pleased that you are interested in the work of the Nuclear Waste Management Commission.
The Nuclear Waste Management Commission (ESK) advises the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) in matters of nuclear waste management (conditioning, storage and transport of radioactive materials and waste, the decommissioning and dismantling of nuclear facilities, and disposal in deep geological formations).
The further pages of this website will provide you with comprehensive and more detailed information about the ESK and its work. I hope that this will give you an idea of what we do.
The Chairman of the Nuclear Waste management Commission (ESK)
Dipl.-Ing. Michael Sailer
- LETTER of 12 December 2018 - Letter from the ESK Chairman on the online consultation of the BfE's research strategy and agenda (available in German only)
- RECOMMENDATION of 6 December 2018 - Guideline on the protection of repositories against flooding (available in German only)
- STATEMENT of 7 September 2018 - Implementation of the ESK guidelines for the storage of radioactive waste with negligible heat generation (available in German only)
- STATEMENT of 26 July 2018 - Safety-related and logistic requirements for a facility for keeping waste ready for disposal in the Konrad repository (available in German only)
- RECOMMENDATION of 26 July 2018 - Requirements for operating reports of ongoing decommissioning projects (available in German only)